Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Live from TX

I had an extra couple of minutes today, so I set up a dash cam on the METL. To see it go to MurrayStateMETL Live Video . I'll try to keep the stream up as much as I can, but our emergency traffic takes priority.

Last count I had 48 users on the MITOC system. The traffic is balanced between the Motosat and a Verizon air card. I've been able to experiment with the new MITOC ET router, and I'm excited that it was able to support so many users for over 24 hours straight. The MotoSat has had a few bugs, but I think that may relate to the shear number of other Sat trucks in the area overloading the bird.

The Incident Management Team IT guy has arrived, and is very impressed with the systems. We keep getting requests to add more users to the system, So we keep exanding the system out using the mesh network.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that we'll get a room tonight, because I need a shower!

No comments: